Home Forums Snowie Bus Does a truck make more sense than retail space?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Doing the math, the obvious is you don’t have to spend $70-$90k on a truck, but monthly you would probably spend just as much on gas as you would on retail space rent, if not more on gas. Considering that the maintenance and insurance would probably be higher as well with a truck, doe the mobility really make up for it?

Looking to get into the business and would love to hear what other’s thoughts are on the shave ice truck vs the other forms of selling. My feeling is the success of the truck is a lot about looks, where the store would be more about quality. Am I wrong to assume that? I plan on offering block ice even in a truck, but I still think my fate is more tied to how cool my truck is if I go that route.

Aaron Rupp
    Keymaster

Floyd,

You make some great observations and points. A Shaved Ice Truck like the Snowie Bus gives you a steeper entry. You do have some advantages with it as you have mentioned. In the case of our Bus, it is extremely mobile, it is extra eye-catching, it can be a foot in to events that you could not get before just out of it being so unique, etc. When I say extremely mobile, it is interesting when you have multiple stands, how often you will default to the bus because it is self contained and done. It really is not that much more work to take a kiosk to an event, but if you had all of your stands sitting there and someone asked you to do a quick event, my guess is you would default to the bus.

The Bus also allows you to tackle different markets that you cannot with a stand. Even if you have a kiosk, you cannot really drive around like an ice cream truck and do business that way. It would actually be possible, but the state and the health department will not let you do it. In the same breath, there are many markets that you cannot do business with using the bus, requiring a cart or kiosk instead. For instance, I mostly do arenas, and there is no way they are going to let you drive a bus into an arena, so carts are a perfect option for that market.

Expenses are hard to gauge and compare because you could have a location that has extremely high rent, or you could run your bus in an area that requires excess driving. These scenarios could go to the complete opposite side of the spectrum as well.

When you are always mobile, you will usually make a greater profit in a shorter amount of time, but that does not mean that is always consistent. For instance, if you had an event that made you $3000, well that is a good event, but if that is the only thing you do all year, that doesn’t do much for your livelihood. Whereas, at a permanent location you should have constant, residual income that can make good money consistently. We always tell people, that with an average rent, which is right around $400/mo you should be making at least $350 per day or you should consider moving. If you were making at least that, it would take you 8 1/2 days to make the same money you did at your event. Your event also took a percent or a fee to be there. that could be anywhere from $150 – $900. Remember though, you did that $3000 in one day. If you are able to schedule yourself pretty solid then that could end up being incredible money for you.

Although we have more people than ever starting their shaved ice business using the Bus, I will still say that the majority of our customers will purchase a building, set it up and collect that more gradual consistent income. The next year, they will either purchase another building and setup another location, or they will purchase a kiosk or bus to travel and do events, schools, etc. They should have paid their building off within the first summer, so they can use that money to help pay down their new equipment also.

In a nutshell, that is a question that can only really be answered by you. That is why we make so many different types of stands and shaved ice equipment, because there is always a unique market for it. Really, you need to decide what kind of market you want to chase and be in and go with that. I hope this helps, please follow it up with additional questions if I did not answer you completely.

You also brought up quality. Really, your permanent location isn’t so much about quality as it is about choice. The quality of your shaved ice should be the same whether you are mobile or not. In a stationary location you want to be able to give your customers more options to bring them back. For instance, you will offer multiple toppings, add-ons, and 80 flavors, whereas at an event, you will usually only offer 6-10 flavors. This moves the crowd nicely, and still gives them variety. You can still offer those other options in a mobile scenario, but they tend to slow your line. At a stationary location, you want a line.

As you can tell, I could keep going back and forth on this all day. The truth is that most people do both. There are advantages to both. You just need to decide where you want to start.

Hope this helps,

– Aaron

Anonymous
    Inactive

The article gives me a lot of interesting information about this game. you can visit: to enjoy many new, exciting games.
    vex 3

Anonymous
    Inactive

If you’ve ever wanted to learn more about software development, then you should consider enrolling in online python course for kids. This interpreted high-level programming language has dynamic semantics, and it’s designed to be easy to learn. Its focus on readability makes it perfect for beginners who want to get started on their own. The best part about taking this course is that you don’t have to be a programmer.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Good information

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sincerely very satisfied to say,your submit is very exciting to examine. I never stop myself to mention some thing about it. You’re doing a remarkable process. Hold it up Thor Vest

Anonymous
    Inactive

Great article! All the articles you have, they enjoy reading and learning a lot. Your article is very helpful for me. I hope you will continue to write such good articles as well. Really enjoyed reading your blog.It is highly informative and builds great interest for the readers. For the people like us your blogs helps to get ideal information and knowledge. Thanks for providing such blogs. Ted Lasso Tracksuit

Anonymous
    Inactive

Your blog website provided us with useful information to execute with. Each & every recommendation of your website is awesome. Thanks a lot for talking about it. Afc richmond Jacket

Thanks for sharing this useful and informative article, after reading it I have collected so much information about this page and many other things. But you can also enjoy the best shopping experience with us by Clicking Here . So start shopping now and get free delivery anywhere in the world.

emma watson
    Participant

I enjoy what you guys are usually up too. This kind of clever work and exposure! Keep up the amazing work guys I’ve incorporated you guys into my blogroll. Beth Dutton Blue Poncho

emma watson
    Participant

We were provided with useful information to use in our work via your blog website. Each and every suggestion of your site is marvelous. Many thanks for discussing it. Star Trek Picard Season 3 Leather Jacket

mikecarter3040
    Participant

If you’re a student struggling to balance coursework, exams, and other commitments, it can be tempting to look for ways to lighten your academic load. One such option is to hire a professional to take your online exams for you. This is where Take My Onlinexam comes in.

mikecarter3040
    Participant

Take My Class Done
    : Your One-Stop Solution for Academic Success! Need help with coursework, assignments, or exams? Look no further! With Take My Class Done, experienced professionals are ready to tackle your academic challenges. From math to literature, our dedicated team offers comprehensive assistance tailored to your needs. With strict adherence to deadlines and guaranteed confidentiality, we ensure a stress-free and successful academic journey. Don’t let the pressure get to you – let Take My Class Done handle your coursework while you focus on what matters most!”

Robert Wrenn
    Participant

Tyler Durden Jackets Celebjackets have a wide range of jackets inspired by everyone’s favorite movie fight club for its fans. They arrive with sure variations like slim in shape, distressed fashion, Shearling, Quilts, hood and plenty greater designs that did not appear as a style earlier than.

digital
    Participant

Choosing a truck can make more sense than a building for certain purposes, like mobility and versatility. For fashion-forward looks, check out the stylish Beth Dutton pink and white coat

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.