Home Forums Flavors Spicy ice-cream

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Woke up in the morning with a solid wish to try a spicy ice-cream. But when I told it to my wife she said that I was crazy and there was nothing special about that. 👿😨😭😭😭

Sandy Flies
    Participant

So sad to be misunderstood. Although this recipe is quite popular on the internet. I found the one from Ethan Frisch the author of seriouseats. You can find him by the name if you like.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups milk
    1 1/2 cups heavy cream
    6 large egg yolks
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 black cardamom pod
    2 to 3 green cardamom pods
    1 stick cinnamon, ideally the chinese variety that resembles tree bark
    2 petals star anise
    2 teaspoons black peppercorns
    1 teaspoon whole cloves
    A pinch of grated nutmeg
    1 tablespoon dark rum, bourbon, or scotch

Although if you ask me, I would skip bourbon. Anyways, you need to heat all that less eggs and sugar in a heavy pot, and simmer for 30 minutes.
    Whisk egg yolks and sugar, and temper it into the warm context. Cook until it thickened. Pour through a strainer, and chill in the refrigerator at least 4 hours, or overnight. Process in your ice cream machine.

Sabina Babington
    Participant

To be honest, I also eat spicy ice cream sometimes. And I could not care less about who thinks what. I loved the recipe the other commentator gave, but I don’t have so much time to mix all these ingredients and wait that long. So I just use a neutral traditional ice cream and mix it with the world hottest hot sauce then get to the freezer as recommended above. As an added bonus I get this beautiful reddish color of the dish that you may have seen on the internet already.

Alisia
    Participant

Indeed, the idea of combining heat and cold in one dish seems to challenge culinary norms. However, there is an undeniable appeal to this dish.
    I think there are many lovers of the exquisite taste of ice cream, so you can think about large-scale production of such ice cream. You just need to organize a place to store the products, which requires a large refrigeration chamber and, of course, you need to recruit a team of professionals both for the production of ice cream and for servicing refrigeration equipment.

nomasitdwentin
    Participant

Hello. It’s amazing how the juxtaposition of seemingly incompatible tastes can evoke such varied reactions. But I also agree that product storage also plays an important role. I remember the time my refrigerator failed, compromising the integrity of my ice cream, including some bold experiments with spicy flavors.

Dora Vertol
    Participant

Hello. It’s amazing how the juxtaposition of seemingly incompatible tastes can evoke such varied reactions. But I also agree that product storage also plays an important role. I remember the time my refrigerator failed, compromising the integrity of my ice cream, including some bold experiments with spicy flavors. It was a moment of panic until I turned to refrigerator repair in atlanta for help. Qualified technicians quickly resolved the issue, ensuring that my ice cream was kept safe and sound. Thanks to their fast and reliable service, I could confidently continue my culinary adventures, exploring the tantalizing world of spiced ice cream without the fear of spoilage.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.