Home Forums General Questions Flavor Station – Sno Cap (cream topping)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Aloha,
    We live on Maui where Shave Ice is becoming a family tradition. There is a local company here that does everything by hand pouring–while they are quite busy I feel there organization system is broken. They are missing out on customers. I’ve been watching your webinars and see how kiosks for customers to apply their own syrups could speed up production and increase sales.
    Bases & Toppings are pretty popular over here. Base is usually ice cream and toppings including sno caps, azuki beans, toasted coconut, mochi. So I’m wondering how you could fit the toppings portion into a DIY setting. Can the Sno Cap (cream topping) actually be used in a flavor station? Would temperature be an issue?

Looking forward to hearing your input. You guys seemingly have thought of everything! Love your webinars.

Aaron Rupp
    Keymaster

Rigs,

Thank you for your question. I will answer to the best of my ability, and hopefully everyone will give you some input.

We are very limited as to what we can do for toppings over here. We have been able to dive back into doing ice cream in the bottom of cups due to the pre-packaged ice cream cups that companies now make. They will not let us scoop ice cream out of a container, it has to be a pre-packaged item that is a single serving. So that kind of tells you how we live in different worlds a bit. So over here, you would never be able to put cream topping into a flavor station. But I would also have to advise you to not do that anyway. The flavor stations are not controlled for temperature, so putting any kind of dairy into something like that would be too risky.

As far as the other toppings, you could do something like the yogurt shops do, and have self serve pans where people can dish their toppings themselves. Their business model works a bit better with this because the customer is charged by weight. You would lose control of your toppings, including cream if you were to keep that out in front of the public at no charge. You could potentially have kids just grabbing handfulls of toppings rather than purchasing a shaved ice to put them on.

Everything has an answer though, there is always a way to pull it off.

Let us know how things are going for you and if you arrive at a solution. Best of luck with your business,

Thanks,

– Aaron

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you for your answers.

Jim Auditor,
    My website

Anonymous
    Inactive

For kids who are hesitant to dive into coding https://www.stormrisk.org/coding-meaning/ it’s a good idea to simplify the language and explain terms. For example, the term loop is a sequence of instructions that is repeated until a condition is reached. You can simplify loop by telling your child that it’s a process that repeats until a status is achieved. If you’d like your child to understand programming, visualizing it will help.

Anonymous
    Inactive

If you are struggling with your child’s math skills, it is important to consider using fun games. A simple game of “higher or lower” can be very effective in teaching kids the concept of higher and lower, and greater and equal. By incorporating a simple deck of cards, this game is perfect for teaching kids(this site) the basics of math and preparing them for school. The games are accompanied by fun music and graphics, and the narration is lovable and easy to understand.

larrymartinsusa
    Participant

Introducing a DIY toppings station sounds fantastic especially if the Sno Cap can be incorporated. Temperature control might be key but it could elevate the customer experience even more.
    Best Window Repair Services in Pierce County WA

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.