Home Forums Snowie Shavers Can I use my Snowie 3000 Ice Shaver with an Inverter?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Aaron Rupp
    Keymaster

We have questions daily revolving around inverters and their capabilities. We have tested a number of 3000 Watt inverters and each of them could not handle the power of the Snowie 3000 Ice Shaver. So our normal suggestion to these inquiries is that you would be better off purchasing the DC version of the Snowie 3000 Ice Shaver.

We have heard from a customer that is using an inverter by Xantrex. The model is: 3012. They are telling us that their configuration is 2 Batteries (GPL 8DL | 12V | 255 Amp Hours) which will give them 6 Hours of use. We have never tested this at Snowie, so please try at your own risk. We were also told by that customer that they are basically using pebble ice, which would cause much less resistance on the blade, but in our opinion does not produce the best quality shaved ice.

I would like to break down these costs as far as I know them. Just looking online quickly, the average price for the Xantrex 3012 is just under $1700. The catalog price is: $2242. Then, the batteries they are mentioning above are about $600 a piece. With that kind of amp hours, you could probably run the DC 3000 for 12-16 hours and still have the other battery as a backup. You could get a 110Ah battery for about $260 that should run your DC for 6-8 hours.

The price of the Snowie 3000 DC Ice Shaver is: $2696.

So here are the scenarios below. (Disclaimer – I may modify these numbers occasionally if I find them to be different than what I have quickly put together here):

//////////////////////////////////////
    Snowie 3000 DC: $2696
    110Ah Deep Cycle Battery: $260
    ——————————
    Total: $2956
    6-8 Hour Runtime

Snowie 3000 AC: $2490
    Xantrex 3012: $2200
    255 Ah Deep Cycle Batteries (2): $1200
    ——————————
    Total: $5890
    6 Hour Runtime

I will let you look them over and decide for yourself. Please keep in mind that we do not know for ourselves that this inverter will actually work.

We always love to pass on snippets that may help everyone, so if anyone else is using this inverter or another one, we would love to hear your opinion.

Anonymous
    Inactive

SNOWIE 3000 ..
    QUAL VALOR ..
    E PARA MANDAR PARA O BRASIL CEP 13064-792

OBRIGADO !!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Aaron,

For someone wanting an ice shaver that works on AC and in locations where no AC service is available. It seems like the best option would be to purchase the DC version and then just purchase a 50 AMP switchable DC power supply. You could probably get a 50 amp power supply for around $150-$200 (Or less). I would also recommend getting two 6V golf cart batteries in a series instead of a larger 12v marine battery. Then your cost for the setup would be $2696 for the snowie 3000, $200 for the 110 AMP-hour battery, and $150 for the 50 amp DC power supply. Total: $3046.

For my Snowie DC setup I use two Golf Cart batteries in a series that I purchased from Sam’s Club. I paid about $90 each for them. Since they are 6V batteries I run them in a series to produce 12 volts. We used this setup a few weeks back for a 3 day event. We made about 2000 snow cones over the three days (8-10 hours per day) and did not re-charge between days. We never ran out of juice. We do keep two extra batteries as backup. However, we have only ever had to use them when we forgot to charge the primary batteries. Most of the time we can host a few different events without charging them. I have better luck with double golf cart batteries than I do with a single deep cycle/marine battery.

martintran
    Participant

OMG !

Anonymous
    Inactive

For my Snowie DC setup I use Golf Cart batteries in a sequence that I bought from Sam’s Club. I paid approximately $ninety every for them. Since they’re 6V batteries I run them in a sequence to supply 12 volts. We used this setup some weeks returned for a three day event. We made approximately 2000 snow cones over the 3 days (8-10 hours in step with day) and did now no longer re-price among days. We by no means ran out of juice. We do hold greater batteries as backup. However, we’ve simplest ever needed to use them while we forgot to price the number one batteries. Most of the time we will host some extraordinary occasions with out charging them. I actually have higher success with double golfing cart batteries than I do with a unmarried deep cycle/marine battery.

Manet Tooker
    Participant

There are many students who love to follow their passion in the different fields rather than education. Most of the students love to do photography and they also take help from online platforms and manage study through the https://www.clozette.co/article/how-to-cope-college-stress-during-covid-pandemic-8454 options which provide the different articles for the studies and stress during the tough time as well.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would say a lot of students always prefer to take help from the online writing services which can provide a different kind of study help to get the best quality of work. Now you can check about the assignment help UK platform where you can find out the different study material for writing help.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I want to learn more about some of the inverters you mentioned in the shared post, what is the current price of it?
    One thing I want to share more than ever is 2 player games here is a list of online games, hope this will be a good idea for you.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Many kids grow up thinking that math is a scary subject that requires technical skills and memorization. However, math is an exciting and fun activity that can help kids develop their analytical, creative and curiosity aspects. Here are some ideas for fun underground maths activities. Try these for kids

Anonymous
    Inactive

En un momento quise cambiar mi vida y dejar de preocuparme por dónde conseguir el dinero. Acabo de encontrar este sitio web betfair. Ahora tengo todo lo que necesito. ¡Deja de perder el tiempo, entra y gana dinero!

Walnut Juevesano
    Participant

Yes definitely. our site

Walnut Juevesano
    Participant

Or you can research so you can be sure http://www.tampa-deckbuilders.com/

Walnut Juevesano
    Participant

That is a great question bathroom remodeling long beach

Walnut Juevesano
    Participant

Yes, that should work. kitchen remodel long beach ca

Jennings Lorna
    Participant

There are many dangers threatening you in the house of hazards. You need to find ways to complete the missions well and escape from this house.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.